Pictures of the Gala are now available on Facebook. Friend us to see pictures from the evening.
The Constitution Project will host its 6th Annual Constitutional Champions Gala on Thursday, April 18, 2013 in Washington, DC. Observing the 50th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark right-to-counsel decision in Gideon v. Wainwright, TCP will honor the four luminaries connected to the historic case. Honorees will include Abe Krash, who represented Mr. Gideon; Bruce Jacob, who represented the state of Florida; Walter Mondale, then-Minnesota Attorney General who organized an influential amicus brief from 22 other attorneys general in Mr. Gideon’s favor; and Anthony Lewis, author of “Gideon’s Trumpet.”
Acclaimed author of Gideon’s Trumpet and former New York Times journalist, Anthony Lewis, passed away on the morning of March 25. He was a tireless advocate for justice and a great man. He will be sorely missed.
Following the award presentation, we will pay special tribute to the late Mr. Lewis, with remarks from Professor Charles Ogletree of the Harvard Law School, Jack MacKenzie, Mr. Lewis’s colleague at The New York Times, and E.J. Dionne, syndicated columnist at The Washington Post.
Abe Krash, represented Mr. Gideon
Bruce Jacob, represented the state of Florida
Walter Mondale, then-Minnesota Attorney General who organized an influential amicus brief from 22 other attorneys general in Mr. Gideon’s favor
Anthony Lewis, author of “Gideon’s Trumpet”
Thursday, April 18, 2013
6:30pm – 9:30pm
Jones Day Law Firm
300 New Jersey Avenue,
NW, Washington, DC 20001
- $150: Public Interest - reserved for students and public policy advocates
- $250: Individual Tickets
- $1,000: Benefactor – 2 tickets and recognition in the program
- $2,500: Supporter – 5 tickets and recognition in the program
- $5,000: Advocate – 8 tickets and special recognition in the program, logo/name on all event signage
- $10,000: Defender – 10 tickets, half-page ad in program, logo/name on all event signage, special recognition from the podium
- $20,000: Protector – 10 tickets, full-page ad in program, logo/name on all event signage, special recognition from the podium and photograph with honorees
- $750 – Half-page ad
- $1,500 – Full-page ad
Purchase Ticket Online
Or send a check to The Constitution Project at 1200 18th St NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036. For questions about tickets or sponsorship information, please contact Messellech Abebe, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.580.6942.